In the regular course of business, Catalyst personnel handle multiple types of media. It is preferred that our customers transfer data to us via electronic means as opposed to physical media; however, this policy outlines how media will be handled.
Business Owners will be assigned for all media: for customer media, this will be the account manager. For infrastructure, this will be within operations. For desktop computers this will be internal IT or the employee in possession of the drive.
Media Handling Operators are individuals responsible for tracking media in the chain of custody log and for working with the Business Owner to ensure proper access, storage, and security of the media.
- Catalyst is not the system of record: all media provided to Catalyst should be a copy of the original material.
- Media Handling Operators will maintain a chain of custody log for all media, including receipt, transport, and destruction.
- Media will be stored in a secured location when not in use.
- Media shall only be in the possession of a Catalyst employee or a Catalyst agent.
- Catalyst employees and agents will only access customer media with the authorization of a Business Owner.
- Destruction of media is handled according to the Media Destruction Policy.
Violations of the policy will be met with corrective action and carry the possibility of disciplinary action up to, and including, termination.
Exceptions to the policy should be rare, and they should be in writing and approved by a Director.
Owner: Security and Compliance Committee
$Date: 2018-12-13 12:29:08 -0700 (Thu, 13 Dec 2018) $
$Revision: 472629 $