Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Users may want to use their own devices for work purposes. Catalyst will officially offer this option under the strictures of the policy outlined below.
This policy will apply to all IT equipment not owned by Catalyst used to access company resources.
The Internal IT department will not provide direct support for personal devices.
- All personal computing devices will require a Catalyst software agent.
- All personal computing devices will conform to the Device Management Policy.
- All personal devices and their use are subject to the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Catalyst will only provide cloud licensed software for approved personal computing devices.
- Personal storage devices are not allowed.
- Personal accessories without the direct ability to store data are allowed.
- Catalyst is not responsible for any data loss in the event of a selective or full wipe of any system-connected-device.
Exceptions for personal devices should be approved by the SCC. The accounting department will handle the request for additional computing devices.
Failure to comply with the requirements set forth in this document will result in the disconnection of the non-company device from company resources. Catalyst reserves the right to revoke network access of any device at any time.
Violations of the policy will be met with corrective action and carry the possibility of disciplinary action up to, and including, termination.
Owner: Security and Compliance Committee
$Date: 2018-12-13 12:29:08 -0700 (Thu, 13 Dec 2018) $
$Revision: 472629 $